Nov 18, 2008

under 16 - 2008

the Ti Lian Ker cup (under 16 tournament) ended on the 16th of November.
after a week and a half of matches,the He Fa Wu Jing team rose as champions of the girls category and the Sukan Makmur team rose as champions of the boys category.

our 1st day of training was tiring because we had to run 2.4km,but besides that it was pretty lame training. the coach mostly concentrated on the boys only. our 2nd day of training was also quite boring,but at the end of the training we played a game with the boys. it was kind of like a free throw shoot out,and we won hands down. we only had 2 days of training because tournament was on the 19th,so that sums up the training.

after our last day of training. yoo....kunatan girl team like that de.

the night before setting off for Benta in Kuala Lipis,we had a sending off ceremony at Hoi Tin Lau. its just a normal dinner only,nothing special. we set off on wednesday morning to benta. the bus took detours to pick up and drop off passengers so it took us about 5 hours to get there.

the first thing we did when we got there was check in to the 'benta river view hotel'. then we went for lunch and took a nap. our first match was against bentong at 5pm. we lost. only sounds of soft breathing and the rumbling of cars that passed us by could be heard during our walk back to the hotel. losing our first match,can anything be more discouraging?

after opening ceremony.
our 2nd match was against lipis. we won hands down. with our spirits high we gambled,gang semi-rape all our teammates,had a pillow fight and played truth or dare. in the middle of our game of truth or dare,the electricity went out. so instead of staying in the dark and humid room,we went outside. we talked for a couple of hours before returning back to the darkness of the hotel. by that time it was already the wee hours of the morning,so everybody drifted into sound sleep in the matter of minutes.

the electricity was still out when we woke up at noon. the weather was getting hotter. after going for lunch our coach forbid us from going anywhere. we had to stay in the hotel and rest. but it was like being in an oven in our hotel room,so some of us had to result to taking off our shirts just to prevent ourselves from fainting. our 3rd match was against raub. we won again. after the boy's match,our sponsor brought us to dinner. well fed we went back to the hotel with smiling faces. we decided to have an organized pillow fight complete with fouls and penalties. we recorded it down(only available on a few handphones). at 11am our coach confiscated all our handphones,because our match was scheduled at 9am the next morning.

our final and most important match was against cameron highlands. sadly,we lost. as we sat beside the court with our heads down,our coach lectured us. totally aware that we are in the wrong,nobody spoke back to him. our eyes just remained fixed to the ground,unable to find the courage to face him. after discussing a time for future training,we were dismissed. we packed our things and left the hotel for the bus stop at 3pm. our early departure resulted in our absence during the boy's finals and the closing ceremony. we waited...waited...and waited. it was 4.35pm already and still no sign of any bus approaching. we have waited for one and a half hours,and waiting at that bus stop was no joy. the heat was practically cooking us alive. everybody started getting frustrated,so our p sao had no choice but to call up the bus company. it turns out the bus was only going to leave lipis at 4.45pm and it take half an hour for the bus to get to benta. we still had about half an hour to kill,so we went to the court to catch a glimpse of the final match. disappointed,kunatan boys lost. the bus finally arrived at 5.20pm. in the bus,as most of us were in sweet slumber,some of them were gambling away. we reached kuantan at about 9.30pm. we said our goodbyes and parted with heavy hearts.

No comments: